Friday, July 17, 2009

Amazing Visionary Animation!

Good Woobly-Goobly! My friend Chris just sent me a link to one of the coolest animation reels I have ever laid eyes on-- the stop-motion magic of Tobias Stretch. Wow. Wow! WOW!!!!

Aside from the demanding technical nightmare of making the following 5 minutes of animated bliss (like, how on EARTH did he animate the two-headed wheelchair dude in the snow, without adding footprints?), the imagery is so original and manages to tap into some kind of organic creative space-- it's like we're actually watching an alternate universe in action. Did I mention "Wow"?

Do yourself a favor and watch this, and then when you're done, check out Mr. Stretch's other films and artwork at www.tobystretch.com. What we have here is a genius, and one I predict will become well known very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment