Thursday, November 19, 2009

Adam Wingard: He Don't Need No Stinkin' Budget!

I officially have a new cinematic hero and his name is Adam Wingard. And he's like 18 years younger than me or something (which makes me want to throw up but also get all excited about what kind of moviemaking damage he's gonna be able to pull off, if he's this good in his early 20s...)

He's made a few features, including one that many folks have been opining online for awhile now-- Pop Skull. I can't wait to check that one out when it arrives out here in the blasted hinterlands of the Mitten State, but what I'm really here to do today is to introduce you to his (Forgot My Meds) trilogy, which is comprised of three short films which are like master classes of using what is around you instead of spending money, making sure that every freaking second of every single image counts, and not taking the easy way out. My goodness this kid can shoot, edit and light the shiznit out of a movie!

Can you tell how I feel about all this?

Here is the entire trilogy so you can see what's being talked about here. Carve out 20 minutes from your schedule and check them all out, in order, if you can. You can buy me a diet pepsi in thanks later...

(Forgot My Meds) trilogy

1. Laura Panic


2. Cerebella


3. Her Name Is Laura Panic

No comments:

Post a Comment